Thursday, February 26, 2009

Can't paint your walls?...No problem!

So here it is ....my wall decor that is really inexpensive and easily removeable when i move. This is the best I can do for not painting any walls....I really dislike white walls.

Cost: 1.49
Time: About 30 min.
Result: Better then I thought
Materials: Choice of fabric, spray starch for ironing, maybe a paper towel for cleaning up a bit.

So this is what I did. I picked out some colors at walmart and got 1/3 yard of fabric in two colors. I cut them into little squares to over lap them as you have seen above. You spray the wall area with some starch then position your square. Spray more starch on top and make sure you get most of the bubbles out. Leave it to dry and it will stay.

Ryan was such a big help. We did this together so I could not take the credit for all of it. It was his idea to put up the smaller strips of rectangles. He is very creative.

To remove the fabric simply peel it off and eurika!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!! You are one of the most creative people I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! That is really cool and it's true, you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete