Monday, May 4, 2009

My Heroes!!!

Ok so I got lucky to have a family of heroes!!

The story started Sunday afternoon. I was getting ready to go to my parents house to have our Sunday dinner with family and play games. I was standing in the semi dark closet trying to pick out my outfit for the night. As I was scamming through my limited selection of choices of clothing as I notice that freedom just jumped back really quickly from me then came back. She is really good at finding little things on the floor to chew/eat. I was thinking it was a piece of thread that she is playing with since we were in the closet and that was the logical thing to assume. I turned on the light to see that it was not a string but a SCORPION!!!! It was right by my foot and if Freedom did not try to chew on it and turned it upside down I prob would have stepped on it or it could have stung me! She saved me!

As I am talking loudly about the scorpion and talking to Freedom to see if she got stung Ryan ran right in and saw the situation. He immediately picked up the scorpion with a pair of scissors and chopped off the tail and flushed it down the toilet. What a brave soul he is! My Hero!!!!

I love my family...they take care of me!

PS, Freedom is fine..I think the scorpion might have used the pinchers on her but did not sting her.

4 comments:

  1. Close call! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic! Its adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I HATE scorpions. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands and dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SICK...so glad your little family helped you out!!

    ReplyDelete