Friday, March 4, 2011

Painting a table

There are so many ways of painting a piece of furniture. This is what I picked for this particular table. With any furniture that you would want to repaint, please do yourself a favor and take the time to sand it down!!!


After sanding I started with a coat of Ivory. I almost always use spray paint because it is much easier especially around those decorative legs. 


After the Ivory coat dries I painted my last coat. The purpose of the Ivory coat is just so when I sand down the brown the Ivory will peep through.


Here I have the Brown all done above. Below you can see that I started to sand it down.



Here is the finished piece in my living room. Big mistake that I have made was the direction I spray painted and sanding. I should have spray painted length wise because that is the direction I was sanding. Oh well, Not going to sand it down and redo again. Still looks great!


Next project...painting those curtains you see on the windows. 

1 comment: