Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Story...Part 1

This is a little late but for the last couple of days I have been thinking about how Ryan and I came together. 




Sad to say that this was the meeting place but we technically met New Years Eve 2007 at...wanna guess?....Amazing Jakes. Don't know how many  of you will remember that party but it was big and it was fun for those who are single. Ryan was in town for the holidays from school at the Air Force Academy and went out with his friends to the same party. One of his friend I have known for years because we were in the same family ward, and that was how we met. That night we flirted a little ( at this point my friend Megan ditched me because she thinks I should hang out with him). when the night was slowing down the girls were ready to go. I had already said bye a while ago and I was still making my rounds when he found me to just to get my number. haha, what a goof. 


The night is not over. My friends and I went to an after party the same night (because we are cool...maybe not) Saw him there and flirted some more. later after the after party he texted me to hang out...it was late. If you are asking if he got a New Year kiss from me that would be a negative :) I don't just do that. In fact he did not get a kiss till the third date.


People to thank that night...Megan for ditching me with him, his friends that decided to call the night after the after party, and the people that threw these parties so that we could meet.




after that night it was just a series  of weirdness. We had a date everyday till he had to go back to school at Colorado Springs. I'm going to skip to the third date because it was the best. He took me to Hyett in Scottsdale and just hung out in the court yard/pool area. This to him was the make it or break it date. I have never dated younger till Ryan...in my head I thought this was all just a joke till.....HE CALLED ME OUT. Whoa whoa whoa What?!!! He had the guts to call me out and then after that I had so much more respect for him for not beating around the bush. That night was our first kiss at the top of the stairs in the court yard with the flowing water falling into the glistening pool. It was the most amazing kiss I have ever had. TMI, I know.





I went to go see him in Colorado with my friends from work in February and I think that trip brought us where we are now. We were so completely obsessed with each other. He is amazing. From then on it was all a blur. We were engaged in May and Married September 2008. He dropped out of school so he could be married (the USAFA does not allow them to be married while they are in school) to think that we were almost going to have a 3 year engagement. I love him, I would have waited the whole 3 years. I have to say though, I am not sorry that he decided to leave. Either way would have worked but I am glad he is with me now. 




4 comments:

  1. Cute!! I'm glad he called you out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm sorry I missed your sealing! I was out of town. But I just want you to know I am so proud of you and Ryan and know that you have made the right decision to be together forever. Wasn't the Temple amazing??? Love it. And love you guys! Call me soon- we need to hang out.

    ReplyDelete