Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Home sweet Home


***this is not my house, its a house that we want but now sold***


ok so here is the news. Ryan and I are looking for a house to live in perminantly. We have a huge problem as to live in the city or live in QC. Here is the dilema, people say that for first time home buyers they are only in their first home around 5 years. (keep that in mind)

city-less house, older house, but value will go up faster

QC-more house, new house, take longer for value to go up. (10-15 years)

i dont know what i want to do. i work in phoenix, ryan works ....where ever. we want a nice house but then if we move in about 5 years QC might not be worth it. I dont know....what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Jordan and I had the same issue, as I am sure you can read in my blog as I was asking for advice just like you. I dont think it is totally true that you only live in your first house for 5 years. If you buy a house you love, that you can GROW into.. I think you could be in it much longer, which is what we are planning on doing with our house in QC. We moved to QC ( in the same neighborhood as Joy and Sara).. and I think it will be ok even if eventually jordan works in phx.. its not really that far, and with the growth in QC, I think the value will definitly go way up!! Good luck :) Buying a house is so exciting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to work in Phoenix for the next few years? Think about that. There is a QT less than 1/4 mile from Alissa, Joy, and my houses... hint hint!! Right now I would find a house that you want to be in for a while that you are not concerned about making a lot of money on by selling it. With the economy going the way it is I personally think the value of homes anywhere will remain steady at least for a while. So are you going to stay at UOP for a few years? Would you rather a smaller older home? I know I wanted a decent sized home with a yard (even if it is small).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alissa you need to add me to your thing. i can't see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks great! I'm sure you guys will figure out what is best for you as far as buying a house, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your price range you'd like to be in and what Square Footage would you like? Also the kennel did not work b/c Rusty would try and dig out till he cut up his paws. We'd wake up in the morning to a bloody laundry room. Also he would pee in it the moment he got in, too worked up I guess. It wasn't b/c he had to go, he'd just gone right before getting in. So I dont know

    ReplyDelete